Mid October is almost here once again and that means it is time for the largest Green Industry expo/tradeshow in the world! It is held at the KY Exposition Center in Louisville, KY. Yes, indeed, it is the GIE+Expo and it is awesome!
Tips Preparing For GIE+Expo
2019 will be my 8th or 9th time attending the GIE+Expo. The big difference for me this year is that I have a booth instead of being an attendee. I conveniently live an hour away from Louisville in Northern Kentucky so it is not that big of a deal for me to go. Even though we are close, we still grab a hotel or Airbnb so we can also enjoy the evening festivities on Fourth Street Live.
Buying Tickets for GIE+Expo
Like many expos the cost of admission goes up as the event gets closer and if you wait to purchase tickets at the door, they will cost a whooping $60 a piece. If you plan ahead, you can get tickets for as low as $7.50. That is a pretty nice savings. No matter how much you pay, you will be able to attend the event during all 3 days.
When is GIE+Expo?
2019's GIE+Expo opens to all attendees October 16th at 3:00 PM EST and concludes Friday October 18th at 2:00 PM EST.
2019 Show Hours:
- Wednesday, Oct. 16th: 3 PM - 7 PM
- Thursday, Oct. 17th: 9 AM - 5 PM
- Friday, Oct. 18th: 8 AM - 2 PM (Outdoor demo area closes at 1 PM)
There is also a free concert of 4th Street at 8 PM Wednesday and Thursday evening.
Where is GIE+Expo held?
Kentucky Exposition Center
937 Phillips Ln
Louisville, KY 40209
Where to stay while attending GIE+Expo?
- Fourth Street Live is a lot of fun in the evenings. You may want to stay closer to 4th Street, instead of closer to the expo itself.
- Airbnb may be a much cheaper option as the hotels are well aware of the event and raise rates because of it. Not to mention, the ones with the best location book up months in advance.
Tips At GIE+Expo
If it is your 1st time attending the largest lawn and landscape trade show in the world, there is really only a couple things you need to know.
- It is huge! 1,000+ exhibits to browse through (We are in Booth 591 by the way!) and a 20+ acre demo area. Talk to reps about the products and services they offer and literally test drive about any piece of equipment you can imagine in the demo area from lawn mowers to excavators.
- Be prepared to walk. Wear some comfortable shoes that you don't mind getting a little dirty/dusty. If it rains or is wet, and you want to still enjoy the demo area, plan on getting dirty!
- Consider noted key booths you want to check out as you can easily get overwhelmed once at the show.
- It sounds like parking is going to be free for the 1st time in a long time for the 2019 GIE+Expo. This is a nice little bonus for attending this year.
- Traffic. Each day when the show starts and ends, be prepared to sit in traffic for some time. There is really no avoiding this...so, just brace yourself.
- How to dress? Comfortably! The climate in Kentucky each fall can vary greatly. Check the forecast before the show to know it will be hot, cold, or just right at the expo this year.
Things To Consider During GIE+Expo
- Download the GIE+Expo app
- Attend a Workshop. Learn more here: GIE+Expo Workshops
- Save some money on products you will be purchasing soon anyway! Many vendors will have 'show specials' on items they will ship to you. If you can take the booth items home with you, expect even greater savings especially from vendors who traveled far to exhibit at the show. They don't want to take that inventory back with them! Important Note: Bring cash! Not all vendors take credit cards at the expo itself.
- Enter the Give-A-Ways (LawnCrack is giving away a Brand New Proslide XT walk-behind lawn mower sulky. Stop by Booth #591 to enter.)
- The GIE Rally 2019 at the Mega Cavern from 6-9 PM October 17th! Learn more here: GIE Rally 2019 Event
GIE+Expo Booth 591 - Lawn Crack, LLC
Talk to Ryan Sciamanna the author of Cracking the Code to Profit and check out all of the parts, supplies, and products offered by iGoPro Lawn Supply. Ryan is also the person who makes all of the videos on the LawnCrack YouTube Channel and wrote all of the blog posts you will find on Lawn Crack's blog.